Thursday, April 21, 2011

changes and botox

Today we are traveling home to Georgia for a wedding. It will be the first time we have left our new town since moving down to south Florida from the panhandle. Moving down here was such a sad and crazy whirlwind. Bob got the job, which we were very thankful for. He loves his new job and I am glad. It has been a long while since he loved his work.

My Grandaddy passing away, literally in the middle of our move, was hard for me. I loved him so much. He was the best grandfather that anyone could have asked for. Truly, he was. I always knew how much he loved me.

Adding to this, it was very hard for me to move from Santa Rosa Beach. I'm never sad when we move from anywhere. I've always shared Bob's gypsy spirit in that I love new experiences, new places, and making new friends. New adventures. This time, however, I'm sad to leave such a beautiful country beach town where everyone knew everyone. I guess I am really a small town girl at heart and it didn't hurt that it was the most beautiful small town you can imagine.

I know that rarely anything in our lives is an accident and I know that we are where we are for a reason. There is such hope in knowing this and for that I am thankful.

For those of you who know me, I feel a bit like a fish out of water in a town where the majority of the woman carry designer bags (that I think are godawful tacky), wear an inch of makeup over their overly botoxed faces, and always wear heels. I'm the only flip flop wearing free spirited Mama I've seen so far, but I'm owning it dangit.

Here's a picture of my Grandaddy at Christmas with my niece Mary Emma...

No comments:

Post a Comment